I am an army surplus collector who used to collect army surplus items from a lot of sources. I like to look at these items when they sit in my shelf; they are somehow, having a great value to me.
In my collection, there are many great items from the world war time which I had a chance to buy from some collectors. I think collecting these items is a good way to help you remember the war, which was passed but still have a lot of memories in us.
My best item is the army surplus coat, which named the Swiss Gear. I bought it on eBay a long time ago when I was starting to collect army surplus items. Later, I discovered it is one of the best coats for the war, perfectly made by wool from the very top to the bottom! I really enjoy having it in my collection. Some friends have asked me to buy this one but I refused. If you are a collector like me, you will feel how they are important to you, money does not matter.
It is always fun when you gather up with your collectors’ club, where you can share your thought, idea and your rare items with each other. I have bought some special army surplus items from my friend, who I met when I go to the club. If you are looking for people sharing your interest, you can find online for more details and contact information. I still remember the first time I join an army surplus forum, which there are a lot of people showed a lot of great items!
Collecting items however costs money. To have a big collection, I have to spend a lot of money though, but, this is my hobby, besides other dangerous hobbies such as X-Games, online games, I find myself like collecting army surplus a lot. I will try to expand my collection in the near future.
If you want to start collecting army surplus, you can do it now. There are a lot of vendors online for you to buy from. You can also search in garage sale. Believe it or not, I bought one thirds of my collection from garage sales! A lot of people want to get rid of old items, so that they put them on garage sale, a great place to buy collectible items, just like the army surplus.
No comments:
Post a Comment